Spotify is an audio streaming platform that provides DRM-protected music and podcasts from record labels and media companies. The audio streaming site announced today that their users can now share music from Spotify to Snapchat.
However, such a feature already existed in other social media sites like Instagram. Last year, Instagram added the option to share to Stories from other apps. The feature included Spotify, while as of last month, you can share song snippets to Facebook Stories.
With this new feature, one can now share a song, playlist, artist profile, or podcast either directly to friends on Snapchat. Sharing to your Snapchat story is also possible with this new feature. So now, not only can Spotify users share what they are streaming to Facebook Stories but Snapchat as well.
As such, sharing the music you are playing on Spotify will display the option to share to Snapchat on the share menu.
With this new feature, Snapchat automatically creates a snap of the song shared. And the snap will contain the track’s information and album art. To listen to a song shared from Spotify, the Snapchat user will have to swipe up in order to start listening.
This new feature is undoubtedly geared towards improving the company growth. This should enable Spotify to be able to compete with other well-established competitors like Apple Music and Amazon music.
Furthermore, the expansion of social sharing will be a step towards gaining more users and increasing the company’s income.
How to share music from Spotify to Snapchat
- Tap the “share” menu (three dots on the right of the screen) while you’re listening to any song, album, artist, or podcast.
- Select “Snapchat” from the dropdown list.
- Snapchat will open a new Snap with the full album art included.
- Edit and send—whether to a few people or to your Story!
If a friend sends you a Snap with a song, playlist, artist profile, or podcast, you can start streaming with a few quick steps:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the context card with song, artist, playlist, or podcast info.
- Spotify will open and play away! (If you don’t have the Spotify app yet, download it for free here.)